MIDVALE, Utah — Unified Police identified a woman found dead at Motel 6 in Midvale Tuesday as Lynette Fay Pearse, a 66-year-old Midvale resident.
They did not offer any additional details about the woman’s identity or how she died.
A housekeeper found Pearse’s body around 1 p.m. Tuesday, police said. Police said they saw no obvious signs of trauma, but planned to treat her death as a homicide.
“In the event that this turns out to be a homicide, we want to have everything we potentially need,” said UPD Sgt. Melody Gray.
Police questioned guests at the motel, located at 7263 Catalpa St., as well as Motel 6 staff, as part of the investigation. As of Tuesday, they did not know if Pearse was registered for the room in which she was found.
The Utah State Medical Examiner’s Office is conducting an autopsy.
Contributing: Kelli Pierce
Today’s Top Stories
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- Courage Reins
- These 9 hand sanitizers may contain a potentially fatal ingredient, FDA warns
- What are you Eating for the Big Game? 5 Quick and Easy Recipes for Sunday Game Food that…
- Some Utah Jazz players’ heights shrunk a bit
- Grace Struiksma – Channing Hall Charter School
- African Gray parrot still missing – Bluffdale owners offer reward
- A Las Vegas rescue group has captured ‘Cluck Norris’ and is searching for the…
- Death of Steve Powell removes a lingering hope in Susan Powell case
- How bad does it hurt to be stung by a giant murder hornet?