MIDVALE, Utah — Unified Police identified a woman found dead at Motel 6 in Midvale Tuesday as Lynette Fay Pearse, a 66-year-old Midvale resident.
They did not offer any additional details about the woman’s identity or how she died.
A housekeeper found Pearse’s body around 1 p.m. Tuesday, police said. Police said they saw no obvious signs of trauma, but planned to treat her death as a homicide.
“In the event that this turns out to be a homicide, we want to have everything we potentially need,” said UPD Sgt. Melody Gray.
Police questioned guests at the motel, located at 7263 Catalpa St., as well as Motel 6 staff, as part of the investigation. As of Tuesday, they did not know if Pearse was registered for the room in which she was found.
The Utah State Medical Examiner’s Office is conducting an autopsy.
Contributing: Kelli Pierce
Today’s Top Stories
- Much of Utah under severe weather warnings
- Sergeant Dusty Butler, Emery County Sheriff’s Office
- Abe Yospe – Westland Elementary
- Jason Ruch, Saratoga Springs PD
- Jeremy Barnes, Utah Department of Public Safety
- Romance scam uses military photos to fool widow
- Officer Preston Casey, Centerville
- Most Deseret Industries stores along the Wasatch Front open by Friday, with changes
- Connect KSL to your Amazon Echo Device
- Gap shares fall after Kanye West threatens to walk away from Yeezy deal