(CNN) — The Rosary is going mobile.
The eRosary is an app-driven device that can be worn as a bracelet. To activate it, all you have to do is make the sign of the cross, similar to how Catholics begin praying the Rosary.
Once activated, the wearer can choose between three different options to pray. There is the standard rosary, a contemplative rosary or a thematic rosary, which will be updated every year. The device shows the users progress throughout each prayer and keeps track of each rosary completed.
The interactive device is a push from the church to reach tech-savvy millennials and Gen Z.
It “serves as a tool for learning how to pray the rosary for peace in the world,” according to a news release from the Vatican.
The eRosary is available to buy now for $110.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- Rollover crash leads to I-15 shutdown and nightmare Salt Lake traffic
- Church handbook update, vaccines “protect health and preserve life”
- Utah ski resorts plan for good year despite low snow, pandemic
- Benefits of massage: It’s okay to feel good
- Hostage situation in Tooele ends with fatal officer-involved shooting