PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — Authorities have released a video that shows part of a former Oregon football star’s successful effort to disarm a student who brought a shotgun to a Portland high school.
The video released Friday by the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office shows Keanon Lowe and the student emerge from a classroom and into a hallway at Parkrose High School with Lowe in possession of the shotgun.
Lowe recalled lunging at the armed student on May 17 as other students ran screaming out a back door.
The video shows Lowe hand the gun to a teacher and then wrap the student in a hug. Lowe works as a coach and security guard at the school.
The suspect, 19-year-old Angel Granados-Diaz, pleaded guilty to possessing a firearm in a public building.
Today’s Top Stories
- Changes to the HOV lanes for hybrid vehicles in Utah, starting today
- Disney World’s July 11 reopening: 6 things to watch
- Elizabeth Smart reveals details of assault, and what she’s doing about it
- Man dies while swimming in cold waters at Utah reservoir
- Utah’s Tyler Huntley could return before upcoming bowl game
- Salt Lake County urges people to find new ways to visit elderly loved ones
- New surveillance video shows the horrific attack on Lady Gaga’s dog walker
- Fans and stars say a remake of Princess Bride is ‘Inconceivable!’
- Hill Air Force Base cited as most at risk in climate change rankings
- Passenger says they asked boat driver to stop drinking before deadly Lake Powell crash