OREM, Utah (AP) — Police in Orem says a Utah Valley University basketball recruit has been accused of sexually abusing a woman at a house party and punching a man who confronted him.
They say 20-year-old Zachary Mogbo was booked into the Utah County Jail on Saturday on suspicion of forcible sexual abuse, assault, criminal mischief and possession of another person’s identity.
It was unclear Sunday if the 6-foot-7 Mogbo has a lawyer yet.
The Deseret News reports that a police affidavit states Mogbo allegedly ripped the tights the woman was wearing.
A male friend of the 22-year-old woman told police he heard her yelling and confronted Mogbo, who allegedly punched him in the face.
Police reported finding a California driver’s license with another man’s name in Mogbo’s pocket when he was arrested.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sen. Mike Lee: Trump is not guilty
- Lee parts ways with President over who killed Saudi journalist
- Utah lawmakers push back on ‘America’s Red Rock Wilderness Act’
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- Utah parents want vape tax
- Fake high school sports sponsorship scam targeting Utah businesses
- Forest Service letting the East Fork Fire burn
- One dead, two injured in overnight Salt Lake shooting
- Utah earthquake preparation and “The Big One”
- Biden gets into testy exchange with man over gun rights