FARMINGTON, Utah (AP) — Authorities say two people are dead after a head-on collision in Farmington involving a vehicle traveling in the wrong direction.
Utah Highway Patrol officials say the crash occurred on Legacy Parkway around 11:30 a.m. Saturday.
They say the driver of the vehicle going the wrong way and a passenger were taken to a hospital for treatment and a male passenger in the back seat was declared dead at the scene.
Authorities say a female passenger in the other vehicle also was killed with the driver was in critical condition after being extricated from the sedan.
Highway Patrol officials say it’s still unclear if the driver of the car going the wrong way was impaired or had a medical condition that led to the crash, which remains under investigation.
Today’s Top Stories
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- No, police aren’t responsible for enforcing the face mask mandate
- Utah athlete, Lauren McCluskey, laid to rest
- Congo park ranger tells of taking viral selfie with gorillas
- Utah man involved in US Capitol riot to face more charges
- Lauren McCluskey solved her own stalking case. Here’s how.
- You Won’t Believe the Fun You Can Have at Utah Olympic Venues: 3 Incredible Winter…
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- UPDATED: 11-year-old boy dead after accidental discharge of a firearm in Kamas Valley