SALT LAKE CITY, UT — Zions Bank plans to lay off five percent of its workforce.
The news came today during the bank’s 3rd quarter earnings phone call.
The layoffs will span across the 11 states in which Zions does business, and most of those employees who are laid off will stay at work through the end of the 2019.
Zions has about 10,000 employees in 11 states. The layoffs will affect approximately 500 employees in Utah.
The bank announced earlier this year that one of its locations in Sandy would close, and according to the director of investor relations, that will be the only branch in Utah that will close.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL Greenhouse Show continues Dig Around Town Community Calendar
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will close Missionary Training Center in Guatemala
- Armed protestors march to state capitol, no violence reported
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- Sen. Romney calls for vote on bill to prevent mass layoffs for airline workers
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- OPINION: A concealed carry permit just saved a young girl’s life
- Purge The Spurge: Utah County Offers To Exchange Invasive Poisonous Plant For Native Plant…
- Where are fires burning across the western US? An interactive map
- Utah Democrats: Board of Education’s Natalie Cline should be held accountable