LOGAN, Utah (AP) — Utah State University officials issued an alert Saturday saying three sexual assaults were reported at the Logan campus Friday night.
Details on when and where the assaults occurred were not released and it wasn’t known whether the three assault victims were students.
The “timely warning notice” issued by the university said police were investigating the assaults and urged anyone with information to contact police.
University spokesman Tim Vitale says part of the investigation is whether the assaults were related to an annual Halloween campus party attended by about 6,000 people.
Vitale said university hired more than 40 police officers to work at the event and that they were assisted by 150 student volunteers trained in bystander intervention, crowd management and consent.
Today’s Top Stories
- The 90 minutes that cost Principal Ford White his job
- Will Pettit – Granite Park Junior High
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Officer Tanya Turnbow, Tooele City Police Department
- Much loved St. George runner dies after 10-year fight with cancer
- Long-serving KSL weatherman Bob Welti has died
- Gov. Herbert announces COVID-19 to close schools rest of year
- 100-year-old ‘Candy Bomber’ tests positive for COVID-19
- Lay Kou- Southland Elementary
- Student journalist scores big scoop in Trump-Ukraine story