SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah State University has issued an alert regarding three reports of sexual assault on the Logan campus.
School officials say the three separate reports of sexual assault occurred on campus Friday night and included two groping incidents and one rape.
The “timely warning notice” urges anyone who may have information about the offenses to contact university police.
It’s unclear if the victims or perpetrators were USU students.
Friday night was the annual Halloween-themed party on campus, an alcohol-free event sponsored by the university’s student association.
The Deseret News reports about 6,000 people attended this year’s event, but it’s not immediately known if the alleged assaults were somehow connected to the party.
Today’s Top Stories
- Greg Robinson “Mr. Rob” – Rose Springs Elementary School
- Elder Robert D. Hales remembered as man of courage, tenacity, devotion
- Families remember teens who died on Utah roads in 2018
- Australian woman arrested for inciting anti-lockdown protests
- Sergeant Dusty Butler, Emery County Sheriff’s Office
- Orem among the top 25 best cities to Trick or Treat in America
- Masks still required in Salt Lake City buildings until further notice
- Large boa constrictor missing, found in Nephi
- Record breaking rain won’t break the Utah drought, but it’s helping
- ‘La Llorona’ movie promotion with Mexican healers draws fire