SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Utah State University has issued an alert regarding three reports of sexual assault on the Logan campus.
School officials say the three separate reports of sexual assault occurred on campus Friday night and included two groping incidents and one rape.
The “timely warning notice” urges anyone who may have information about the offenses to contact university police.
It’s unclear if the victims or perpetrators were USU students.
Friday night was the annual Halloween-themed party on campus, an alcohol-free event sponsored by the university’s student association.
The Deseret News reports about 6,000 people attended this year’s event, but it’s not immediately known if the alleged assaults were somehow connected to the party.
Today’s Top Stories
- Medical pot users face barriers in Utah after legalization
- Doctor: Utah’s COVID-19 infection rate is a concern, hospitalizations stabilize
- Utah parents want vape tax
- Some temples are entering Phase 3 of reopening; here’s what that looks like
- New wildlife bridge comes with cameras, warnings
- Utahns urged to stay indoors during record-breaking low temperatures
- Peace and conflict: Talking politics and navigating tension over the holidays
- VIDEO: Police shooting in Holladay sends one person to hospital
- David Hasselhoff auctioning personal K.I.T.T. car from ‘Knight Rider’ series
- A Las Vegas rescue group has captured ‘Cluck Norris’ and is searching for the…