SALT LAKE CITY, UT — Utah Rep. John Curtis says he may not have the time to efficiently and effectively review transcripts of committee hearings before an impeachment inquiry vote which is expected to take place this week.
In a video announcement (seen below) Rep. Curtis explains that he was informed by his staff, not through typical channels, that an impeachment inquiry vote will take place on Thursday, three days from now.
Curtis is a member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee and says he has other committee assignments as well. In the letter, he asks House Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff how he can be fully prepared by Thursday.
The letter he sent to Rep. Schiff is included at the end of this report.
Today’s Top Stories
- Silver Island: a desert escape well worth a visit
- Special delivery: Over 500,000 protective face masks transported to Salt Lake International Airport
- Utah drivers licenses one step closer to going digital
- Pandemic pause ends in Susan Powell parents lawsuit trial
- 4 tips for getting a COVID-19 vaccine appointment booked sooner in Utah
- All Utah 24 Hour Fitness locations to close, customers transferred to VASA
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- FBI Confidential: Human trafficking may be happening in your local park
- Bill Nye sets the world on fire — to make a point about climate change
- Trial date set in wrongful death lawsuit for Susan Powell’s sons