SALT LAKE CITY, UT — Utah Rep. John Curtis says he may not have the time to efficiently and effectively review transcripts of committee hearings before an impeachment inquiry vote which is expected to take place this week.
In a video announcement (seen below) Rep. Curtis explains that he was informed by his staff, not through typical channels, that an impeachment inquiry vote will take place on Thursday, three days from now.
Curtis is a member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee and says he has other committee assignments as well. In the letter, he asks House Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff how he can be fully prepared by Thursday.
The letter he sent to Rep. Schiff is included at the end of this report.
Today’s Top Stories
- Endangered woman missing in Logan
- Granite School District reveals plans for new, safer school designs
- Sen. Lee says Utah National Guard kicked out of DC hotel
- Ford recalls 2 million vehicles because the doors could open while driving
- UDOT: Expect delays I-15 NB in Salt Lake City on Sunday
- Gov. Herbert announces economy may begin reopening near end of month
- Vivint Smart Home Arena parent company merges with holding firm
- How to prepare home and family for an earthquake
- Rocky Mountain Power warning of possible power outages
- Girl Scouts of Utah