ROOSEVELT, Utah – The Duchesne County Sheriff’s Office is investigating the deaths of two men at a Halloween party that took place north of Roosevelt.
Deputies responded to a call at a home 1250 W. 850 N just after midnight Friday morning where they found two men dead.
Duchesne County Sheriff Travis Tucker says, “One, a 22-year old Jon Reed, Jr. He had been stabbed. Two, a 23-year old Tyrell Sowsonicut, and he had been shot. Both were tribal males.”
This is not the first time officers have been sent to this particular home.
“We know the house. I can’t tell you how many times we have been there, but we know the house,” Tucker says.
Tucker wouldn’t mention if they had any identification of a suspect, but, he says they’re still interviewing people who may have been at the party when the attacks happened. He says they already have conducted several.
“We have reports of between 15 and 20 people at the scene at the time,” he says.
Investigators believe Reed and Sowsonicut knew each other, but they don’t know what their relationship was. Tucker wasn’t sure if the two had been fighting.
Tucker says, “Both [bodies] will be sent out to the Utah Medical Examiner’s Office. We’re working with Roosevelt City, the FBI and the Bureau of Indian Affairs.”
(Contributing: Paul Nelson)
Today’s Top Stories
- KSL Greenhouse Show continues Dig Around Town Community Calendar
- Three things you need to do before you can run a marathon
- West Kearns Elem. placed in shelter in place protocol Tuesday for around an hour, no threat…
- Sen. Romney calls for vote on bill to prevent mass layoffs for airline workers
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints will close Missionary Training Center in Guatemala
- Utah National Guard supports fallen mayor’s daughter at debate
- US says its airlines can resume limited flights to China
- 60-acre fire burning in Neffs Canyon near Mount Olympus
- Crocodiles and alligators were once vegetarians, Utah researchers say
- OPINION: A concealed carry permit just saved a young girl’s life