PROVO, Utah (AP) — Baylor Romney completed 23 of 33 passes for 262 yards and three touchdowns and BYU beat Liberty 31-24 on Saturday night.
Micah Simon had seven receptions for 91 yards and a score and threw a 44-yard touchdown pass to Matt Bushman and Sione Finau had 10 carries for 69 yards for BYU.
On the first possession of the game, Liberty (6-4) used a 10-play, 75-yard drive capped by Stephen Calvert’s 19-yard touchdown pass to Zac Foutz to take a 7-0 lead but the Cougars (5-4) scored the next 17 points, and 24 of the next 27, to take the lead for good.
Romney’s 2-yard TD pass to Simon tied it midway through the first quarter, Jake Oldroyd kicked a 24-yard field goal early in the second and Bushman’s touchdown made it 17-7 at halftime.
Romney threw touchdown passes of 41 yards to Aleva Hifo and 17 yards to Moroni Laulu-Pututau in the second half.
Calvert completed 27 of 45 for 303 yards and three touchdowns and Antonio Gandy-Golden had 10 receptions for 162 yards and a score for the Flames.
Today’s Top Stories
- Nintendo is bringing back a super-retro handheld from the 1980s
- Military family robbed in Salt Lake City
- Church leaders update COVID-19 safety measures for Utah
- New details about Lake Powell boat crash
- Man dies after hit by car; driver booked for fleeing scene
- ‘Anonymous’ hacker group threatens to “expose many crimes” of Minneapolis PD
- APNewsBreak: Lawsuit claims Utah’s Grand America exploited immigrants
- Parents, teachers, students sound off on later school start times
- Family announces they’ll say goodbye to Dixie, a dog burned for revenge
- Congressman’s siblings release an attack ad against their own brother