ATLANTA — All they want for Christmas is a smooth ride and some pothole repair.
Homeowners in Atlanta are hoping that their festive gathering will help draw the attention of a big pothole that has been an issue in their neighborhood.
“Instead of being negative and screaming and stomping our feet and being ugly about it, why not have fun with it and still get attention and get the job done so it’s not so dangerous for the neighborhood,” Sharon Magruder told WGCL in Atlanta.
And have fun they did. The group of concerned neighbors gathered around the pothole and decorated it with a Christmas tree and even gathered on the road to sing carols.
When asked, Fulton County told WGCL the county is monitoring the situation saying:
Roads and Drainage crews will fill in the hole with an asphalt patch when the weather permits. In the meantime, the county has secured the site with barricades and safety tape to alert motorists and pedestrians. The county will continue to monitor the situation until the street is repaved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Wasatch Adaptive Sports
- Chris Evans sending ‘Captain America’ shield to little boy who saved sister from…
- A dancing cockatoo named Snowball learned 14 moves all by himself
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- Rare Nike ‘Moon Shoe’ up for auction at Sotheby’s could fetch $160,000
- Legal expert says insanity defense not likely for Grantsville teen
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- Utah lawmakers approve bill aimed at regulating ‘troubled teen’ centers
- Fire-ravaged forests get help from pine cone collectors