SALT LAKE CITY—Salt Lake City Police made a substantial drug bust this week after 47-year-old Isidro Cano was reported for selling narcotics out of a hotel room.
Salt Lake police tweeted the news about the bust this week
City Narcotics and Street Crimes Units seized 1.2 Lbs of Meth, 1.2 Lbs of Heroin, 22 grams of marijuana, 20 Oxy pills and cash. Needless to say, we’re happy to have the offender in jail and the drugs off the street! Good work by our detectives!
#SaferCommunity #SayNoToDrugs pic.twitter.com/sm5kAvA1wu
— SLC Police Dept. (@slcpd) November 14, 2019
“That’s a large quantity of narcotics to take off of somebody,” Detective Michael Ruff said, “so we’re glad we were able to get that off the streets and book the individual into jail.”
Early Wednesday morning detectives were told an individual might be selling narcotics out of a room at Microtel Inn and Suites by the Salt Lake International Airport.
They found Cano then got enough information for a search warrant. Cano is now charged with possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute.
Ruff said the district attorney’s office will decide what charges are filed in court.
Today’s Top Stories
- Dave & Dujanovic: Coping with the fear of returning to school
- Gov. Herbert announces COVID-19 to close schools rest of year
- Salt Lake City Council wants resident input on 2020-2021 fiscal budget
- Police ask for help finding suspect who attacked hiker
- Governor announces ‘soft closure’ of Utah public schools
- Three UHP vehicles hit in early morning storm traffic
- Lay Kou- Southland Elementary
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Salt Lake County, cities at odds over West Bench future
- Nonprofit projects pay increase for Utah workers in 2021