SALT LAKE CITY – The Utes Football program moved up a spot in the AP Top 25 poll to No. 7 after dismantling the UCLA Bruins 49-3 on Saturday.
The University of Utah had been stuck on the No. 8 ranking for a couple of weeks. Pac 12 foe, Oregon, remained at No. 6 in the poll as it beat Arizona 34-6 on Saturday.
Georgia passes Alabama in the Week 13 AP Poll 🏈
2. Ohio State
9. Penn State
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) November 17, 2019
The program also moved up one spot in the coaches poll from No. 9 to No. 8.
The Utes controls its own destiny for a second consecutive Pac 12 South division title as well. It has two games left; at Arizona Saturday and home against Colorado on November 30. If they win both games they will represent the south in the Pac 12 Championship game. Oregon has already clinched the North division. The championship game will be Friday, December 6, at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California.
USC still has a shot at the South division only being one game back of the Utes. The Trojans also hold the tiebreaker since they handed the Utes its only loss of the season back in September.
The Utes will kick off against Arizona Saturday at 8 PM.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘I want a future’: Global youth protests urge climate action
- Big earthquakes raise interest in West Coast warning system
- What Options Do You Have If You Aren’t Comfortable with the Upcoming School Year? 5…
- Police trying to pinpoint driver in deadly crash that killed 16-year-old girl
- Planned execution of Native American man stirs emotion within tribe
- Fired U of U detective refutes claims made by school about her dismissal
- Uncle of missing five-year-old in Logan charged with murder, remains found
- In-depth: Black police officers talk race relations in Utah
- Large police presence near Rose Park
- Donovan Mitchell tests positive for COVID-19