SALT LAKE CITY – The Utes Football program moved up a spot in the AP Top 25 poll to No. 7 after dismantling the UCLA Bruins 49-3 on Saturday.
The University of Utah had been stuck on the No. 8 ranking for a couple of weeks. Pac 12 foe, Oregon, remained at No. 6 in the poll as it beat Arizona 34-6 on Saturday.
Georgia passes Alabama in the Week 13 AP Poll 🏈
2. Ohio State
9. Penn State
— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) November 17, 2019
The program also moved up one spot in the coaches poll from No. 9 to No. 8.
The Utes controls its own destiny for a second consecutive Pac 12 South division title as well. It has two games left; at Arizona Saturday and home against Colorado on November 30. If they win both games they will represent the south in the Pac 12 Championship game. Oregon has already clinched the North division. The championship game will be Friday, December 6, at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California.
USC still has a shot at the South division only being one game back of the Utes. The Trojans also hold the tiebreaker since they handed the Utes its only loss of the season back in September.
The Utes will kick off against Arizona Saturday at 8 PM.
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Another 4.4 million Americans filed for unemployment benefits last week
- Tooele County Health Department
- Investigators make major drug busts on I-80 in Utah
- ‘Modern Family’ actor Ty Burrell teams up with Salt Lake City to help laid-off…
- Utah lawmakers approve bill aimed at regulating ‘troubled teen’ centers
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert
- Gunman who killed U. student tried to kidnap witness, police say
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- 3 sexual assaults in 1 night reported at Utah State University