SALT LAKE CITY – Authorities responded to a small plane crash in Roy near I-15 on Sunday afternoon.
The first reported spot of the crash was near the area of 4450 South 1500 West at about 3:30 P.M. Roy police say two people were taken to the hospital in critical condition. Authorities took one by helicopter and another by ambulance.
Authorities also say a Good Samaritan helping on the ground was taken to the hospital in stable condition after inhaling some smoke.
I-15 southbound will remain closed for some time, please use alternative routes. I-84 and surface streets as needed or avoid the area completely if possible. pic.twitter.com/C6MYlSZuoD
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) November 17, 2019
“We do initially appreciate assistance from the public,” Roy police officer Stuart Hackworth said. “And then once we arrive on scene, we greatly appreciate their cooperation in letting us and emergency medical personnel do our jobs.”
This is a developing story and will be updated once more information is learned.
Today’s Top Stories
- Provo PD seeing many cars with illegal black license plates
- Body cam footage reveals officers shot a man in the back
- Mrs. Bonnie Sulz – Northridge Elementary
- A case of mistaken identity leads to online death threats for Utah woman
- UPS is hiring thousands of workers in Utah this holiday season
- Fears of ‘Wild West’ as COVID-19 blood tests hit the market
- Former Nazi SS guard, 93, going on trial in Hamburg
- Lake Mountain Middle School opens for classes–but construction on campus continues
- Moab homicide victims told friends if something happened to them, they were murdered
- ‘Far Side’ cartoonist Gary Larson publishes first new work in 25 years