Updated 11/22/19 8:56 pm
CLINTON, Utah — Police in Clinton have canceled an Amber Alert for 3-week old Audrey Westfall.
A press release from two California jurisdictions and from Clinton police confirm no charges will be filed against 25-year-old Taylor Webb, who took her 3-week-old daughter Audrey Westfall from a Clinton home of the baby’s grandmother.
Authorities say Taylor Webb is a loving and caring mother who never posed any danger to her newborn. According to the release, little Audrey was unjustly removed from Webb’s care.
Shortly after her baby was born, Webb was placed in a medically induced coma due to complications from the birth while she was in California, which is the reason that her mother had temporary guardianship. Webb’s lawyers say that guardianship should be returned to the mother immediately.
They stated, ” In fact, no further interference of any kind is required for this fully competent and capable mother to raise her own newborn baby, as any American parent has a right to do.”
The Clinton Police Department released a statement saying, “We understand the guardianship order to still be in place in California, additional proceedings are continuing during which time Audrey will remain listed (in the National Crime Information Center database) .”
Today’s Top Stories
- New dress guidelines announced for male missionaries — in some areas
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- Utah Utes let go of Coach K after 10 seasons
- State parks hope to have new ‘glamping’ campsites available for busy Memorial Day weekend
- Utah roads more dangerous in 2020, despite a drop in traffic
- Take a look at Warner Bros. billion-dollar theme park in Abu Dhabi
- Taco Tuesday coincides with Cinco de Mayo
- UDOT: Southbound I-15 experiencing major delays due to crash
- ‘Golden Girls’ recast with Black cast including Tracee Ellis Ross and Regina King
- Mrs. Joni Willis – Pleasant Green Elementary