It happened right outside the Mary R. Fisher Elementary School in Thompson.
School officials said 31-year-old Jason Beshaw, a local parent, tried to bypass the designated flow of traffic.
The crossing guard tried to stop the car from entering the restricted area, and was struck.
That’s when Beshaw jumped out of the car and physically assaulted the crossing guard, officials said.
The crossing guard was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Beshaw was taken into custody by state police.
He was charged with risk of injury to a child, second-degree breach of peace, third-degree assault, and second-degree reckless endangerment.
School officials said some parents and students did witness this incident.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Excelsior Academy first-graders moved to online school
- AP changes writing style to capitalize ”b” in Black
- Forest Service letting the East Fork Fire burn
- Actress sues actor Tom Sizemore, claiming sex abuse on set
- Charter school teacher charged with child abuse
- Sports stars J.J. Watt and Kealia Ohai were married Saturday
- Toni Morrison, ‘Beloved’ author and Nobel laureate, dies at 88
- Businesses in downtown Salt Lake hope in-person General Conference will return ASAP
- Utah County Commissioner wants Utah open for business
- Tim Strebel – South Jordan Elementary