As the old saying goes, the devil is in the details. Or maybe that’s the Satan?
The Comax Valley Record was preparing for the annual Christmas parade when it ran an ad with an unfortunate typo.
Gnarly Christmas Craft Fair 10 am – 2 pm
Captain Thunderpants 10:30 am
Pictures with Satan 11:15 am
Well this is awkward. pic.twitter.com/yDwTqQs4G9
— Nicholas M Pescod (@npescod) November 21, 2019
It was just a few letters and both characters might be the same shade of red, but they are very different.
No sooner had the paper hit the stands than the editorial board said the fallout began.
“There is no excuse for it, and we aren’t about to use this space to make any,” The Comox Valley Record wrote in their apologetic editorial. “The same number of eyes proofed the ad as with anything that runs through the advertising and production departments. Somehow, this was missed, and for that, we sincerely apologize – to the clients affected, as well as to any readers offended by the mistake.”
“We often chuckle about the typos we have caught, breathing sighs of relief when the L in “public” or the B in “Hornby” is added by the last set of eyes before going to print. Even those are not always caught,” they wrote.
On the bright side, they note, everyone from the Comox Valley and beyond now knows when the parade will happen and that the Captain Thunderpants concert is sure to be a sell-out.
The parade is at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 1 on 5th street. “Pictures with Santa start at 11:15 at the Native Sons Hall,” they clarified.
Today’s Top Stories
- Police searching for suspect after fatal shooting of Sandy teen
- After 25 years, ‘The Far Side’ is back — with an online debut and new comics
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- Mary Poppins meets James Bond: Will Meghan and Harry hire a Norland nanny for the royal baby?
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Southern Utah monuments in danger of disappearing?
- Over 20,000 Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine doses already in Utah
- Ellen Sabo – Rose Creek Elementary
- TSA finds seven guns in seven days at Salt Lake International Airport
- Salmonella outbreak killing Utah songbirds, what you can do