(This story has been updated to indicate that a suspect in the Thanksgiving morning shooting in South Jordan was found dead.)
SOUTH JORDAN — A body discovered Monday morning at a residential construction site in South Jordan has been identified as Joshua Perez-Garcia. He was considered the main suspect in a Thanksgiving morning shooting that injured three people.
The South Jordan Police Department says Perez-Garcia’s body was found in the area of 6200 W. 11000 S. on Monday, December 2, 2019.
Perez-Garcia was considered the main suspect and was wanted for questioning in the Thanksgiving morning shooting.
Police Lt. Matt Pennington says that shooting happened around 2:30 a.m. Thursday.
Three people were taken to a hospital with varying degrees of injuries.
Investigators are still trying to determine the motive for the shooting.
Today’s Top Stories
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Scientists say vodka from Chernobyl’s exclusion zone is safe to drink
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- A recent grad is upcycling thousands of graduation gowns to help hospitals in need of PPE
- Gary Herbert gives his final speech as Utah governor
- Grant Averill – Woods Cross Elementary School