FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) — A Florida family refused to make room at their Thanksgiving table for an uninvited guest, who was so angry at being left out that he repeatedly slammed the front door.
Homeowner Chhaa Behary says she peeked through her window to get a good look at the unwanted visitor, and saw what she called a “gigantic” alligator smacking her door with its tail.
Why her house, she asked. Did the gator smell turkey?
CBS Miami reports that her fiancee called animal control, which arrived within minutes. The gator did not go gently into the night.
Behary said their neighborhood in Fort Myers is surrounded by the alligators’ natural habitat, and it’s a good reminder to be careful with children and pets when walking outdoors in the dark.
Today’s Top Stories
- Fire destroys multiple homes in Ogden
- Live Mic: lessons of 1968’s RFK Appalachia visit still echo today
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Bill Nye sets the world on fire — to make a point about climate change
- Plan to retrieve Titanic radio spurs debate on human remains
- U., Hatch team up for center to promote political civility
- Attack ads: a presidential history on TV
- Boxer Rocky Lockridge, “Best Cry Ever” meme man, has died at the age of 60
- A seemingly healthy woman’s sudden death is now the first known US coronavirus-related…
- Southwest Behavioral Health Center