FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) — A Florida family refused to make room at their Thanksgiving table for an uninvited guest, who was so angry at being left out that he repeatedly slammed the front door.
Homeowner Chhaa Behary says she peeked through her window to get a good look at the unwanted visitor, and saw what she called a “gigantic” alligator smacking her door with its tail.
Why her house, she asked. Did the gator smell turkey?
CBS Miami reports that her fiancee called animal control, which arrived within minutes. The gator did not go gently into the night.
Behary said their neighborhood in Fort Myers is surrounded by the alligators’ natural habitat, and it’s a good reminder to be careful with children and pets when walking outdoors in the dark.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- Former Venezuela prisoner Josh Holt appears with President Trump
- Children’s Service Society
- Mercy Housing Mountain Plains
- All six female Utah state senators walk out to protest invasive abortion ultrasound
- Utah athlete, Lauren McCluskey, laid to rest
- Utah man involved in US Capitol riot to face more charges