FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) — A Florida family refused to make room at their Thanksgiving table for an uninvited guest, who was so angry at being left out that he repeatedly slammed the front door.
Homeowner Chhaa Behary says she peeked through her window to get a good look at the unwanted visitor, and saw what she called a “gigantic” alligator smacking her door with its tail.
Why her house, she asked. Did the gator smell turkey?
CBS Miami reports that her fiancee called animal control, which arrived within minutes. The gator did not go gently into the night.
Behary said their neighborhood in Fort Myers is surrounded by the alligators’ natural habitat, and it’s a good reminder to be careful with children and pets when walking outdoors in the dark.
Today’s Top Stories
- 1.4 million seek US jobless aid, first increase since March
- Despite pandemic, no renter should struggle to pay the landlord
- Live-fire training scheduled at Camp Williams this week
- Sandy city officials urging hikers to be more prepared
- DC Police report 68 arrests made
- Layton rare coin dealer accused of multi-million dollar scheme
- Heat advisory for next two days along Wasatch Front
- Violence again rocks Minneapolis after man’s death; 1 killed
- UK aims to give 1st COVID-19 shot to all adults by September
- A dentist was filmed extracting a tooth while on a hoverboard. He was found guilty on 46 counts