KANAB, Utah — The Utah Highway Patrol is investigating a violent and deadly crash on Highway 89 in Kane County. It happened Sunday night around 9 p.m., about 30 miles outside Kanab.
Three people were killed.
The Utah Highway Patrol says a van was speeding south on Highway 89 and crossed over the center lane. It slammed into an SUV head-on. All three people in that SUV died.
The van then caught fire. The driver of the van was flown to Dixie Regional Hospital.
It caused quite an impact on the road. A third vehicle coming southbound afterward ran right into debris from that crash and became disabled.
The Utah Highway Patrol says they are working to notify the families of those three people who died.
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Evacuations force California man to cancel SLC trip
- Utah agriculture and food: cook any seeds you receive from China
- Tulsi Gabbard files lawsuit against Hillary Clinton for defamation
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- NFL wades back into controversy with new Super Bowl police shooting ad
- Knolls Fire Update: Evacuation order lifted but still possible, only 25% contained
- Gearing up for the Xbox Series X, Microsoft has stopped making the Xbox One X
- Fresh bid to dislodge stranded Suez Canal container ship gets under way
- Countdown to Super Tuesday: Candidates hope Utah voters will energize their campaigns