The workout of former San Fransico 49ers Quarterback Colin Kaepernick in front of representatives from teams around the NFL has finally led to an offer.
Just not to him.
The Washington Redskins announced Wednesday that they have signed Wide Receiver Jordan Veasy to their practice squad.
Veasy was in attendance at Kaepernick’s workout as a wide receiver, the one who was there to catch passes from the former QB.
He gained some serious attention from the teams after catching a 50-yard pass from Kaepernick.
Kap’s best throw of the night, without question pic.twitter.com/WtsgumqPrH
— Jonathan Jones (@jjones9) November 16, 2019
Veasey was released from his former contract on the Buffalo Bills practice squad.
The Washington Post reports that Veasey and Kaepernick had known each other before showing up to the workout on Nov. 16th when they had taken a class together about black representation in popular culture at the University of California at Berkeley. That’s why he says he reached out to Kaepernick to be a part of his workout.
“I was going to be in Gadsden running routes anyway,” Veasy said, grinning. “Might as well run ’em in front of some scouts.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Sneakers designed in honor of Obama to go on sale for $25,000
- Winter solstice 2019: A short day that’s long on ancient traditions
- UPDATED: 11-year-old boy dead after accidental discharge of a firearm in Kamas Valley
- Utah athlete, Lauren McCluskey, laid to rest
- No, police aren’t responsible for enforcing the face mask mandate
- Congo park ranger tells of taking viral selfie with gorillas
- Lauren McCluskey solved her own stalking case. Here’s how.
- Utah man involved in US Capitol riot to face more charges
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- You Won’t Believe the Fun You Can Have at Utah Olympic Venues: 3 Incredible Winter…