SANTA CLARA, California — The University of Utah football team is in Santa Clara, California for the Pac-12 Championship Game Friday evening.
It’s not only a conference title that’s on the line, but also a possible Rose Bowl invitation or even a spot in the College Football Playoff.
Not only do the Utes need to beat Oregon, it seems they need to beat them soundly to get the attention of the selection committee this weekend.
They also want redemption after losing last year to Washington in the conference championship. It’s the reason several seniors returned to the team instead of trying to join the NFL.
The forecast won’t help them. It’s supposed to be quite rainy and windy by the 6 pm kick-off in Santa Clara at Levi’s Stadium.
— Mary Richards (@kslmrichards) December 6, 2019
Today’s Top Stories
- Gas station clerk tells her Susan Powell story for the first time publicly
- Grandson arrested on suspicion of murder in SLC house fire
- 2 men charged in ’02 killing of Run-DMC star Jam Master Jay
- Utah man charged, accused of threatening people displaying a Trump flag
- Champion bodybuilder turns himself in on Utah rape charges
- Man who pleaded guilty to Mackenzie Lueck’s murder sentenced to life in prison
- Golden Spoke Event
- How to make sure you weather the storm and cleanup safely
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- Inside Sources: Studying trust (and distrust) in America