CEDAR CITY, Utah — Police say they caught two porch pirates in Cedar City who had hundreds of IDs and credit cards with them under a number of different names.
The FBI is now involved as there may be victims in other states. Cedar City Police say the accused thieves, Lance Mann and Ashley Huddy, were arrested in a room at the Cedar City La Quinta Inn. On Facebook, the department shared a photo showing a table full of IDs, credit cards, and even a machine to make more.
Officers say the pair are not originally from Utah but may have been stealing packages around the region.
Hotel managers say they initially called the police because they could smell drugs coming from that room and other guests complained about the occupants.
Today’s Top Stories
- Disney World’s July 11 reopening: 6 things to watch
- Changes to the HOV lanes for hybrid vehicles in Utah, starting today
- Gov. Cox: Honor system a necessity with next phase of Utah vaccine rollout
- Man dies while swimming in cold waters at Utah reservoir
- Salt Lake County urges people to find new ways to visit elderly loved ones
- BYU’s football stadium is going to look a bit different this fall
- Utah company invents mask sanitizing machine to help hospitals
- Utah limo companies face inspections like buses, trucks
- Fans and stars say a remake of Princess Bride is ‘Inconceivable!’
- Southern Utah University and Utah State University are the latest to join colleges reopening…