SALT LAKE CITY — Five people received minor injuries Saturday afternoon because of the actions of an erratic driver.
Cottonwood Heights police tweeted that they needed help finding a black pickup truck which they said was involved in a two-car rollover hit and run accident on Wasatch Boulevard just past Fort Union.
Help Identify: 2 Car Rollover Hit and Run accident. Suspect vehicle is a Black newer model full sized 4-Door GMC pick-up Truck. Truck has damage to the passenger side from side swipe. Possible white paint transfer last seen-north on Wasatch at 7121 South. Tips CHPD 801-743-7000 pic.twitter.com/nMcZIbvSIk
— CH Police (@CHPolice) December 14, 2019
“We got a report of a reckless black GMC pickup truck driving recklessly, coming down Big Cottonwood Canyon,” said Cottonwood Heights police detective Nick Garcia.
“It was cutting vehicles off, and then it sideswiped two vehicles on Wasatch Boulevard, causing both those vehicles to go off the road and roll over,” Garcia said.
Police say they don’t have information about the person driving the pickup truck.
Anybody with information is urged to contact Cottonwood Heights police.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer Josue Llil, West Valley Police Department
- Orem among the top 25 best cities to Trick or Treat in America
- Red Barn Farms
- Can an executive order really change the 14th Amendment?
- NUAMES charter school lifts lockdown on Layton campus
- KSL’s Unrivaled: The teams you live for, the sports you love
- New dashboards compare education spending to outcomes in Utah
- Travels with President Nelson: Touching the hearts of Church members around the world
- Officer Rusty Bingham & Officer Trent Thompson, Riverdale Police Department
- Doctored videos are already faking the cause of Beirut’s explosion