SALT LAKE CITY — Five people received minor injuries Saturday afternoon because of the actions of an erratic driver.
Cottonwood Heights police tweeted that they needed help finding a black pickup truck which they said was involved in a two-car rollover hit and run accident on Wasatch Boulevard just past Fort Union.
Help Identify: 2 Car Rollover Hit and Run accident. Suspect vehicle is a Black newer model full sized 4-Door GMC pick-up Truck. Truck has damage to the passenger side from side swipe. Possible white paint transfer last seen-north on Wasatch at 7121 South. Tips CHPD 801-743-7000 pic.twitter.com/nMcZIbvSIk
— CH Police (@CHPolice) December 14, 2019
“We got a report of a reckless black GMC pickup truck driving recklessly, coming down Big Cottonwood Canyon,” said Cottonwood Heights police detective Nick Garcia.
“It was cutting vehicles off, and then it sideswiped two vehicles on Wasatch Boulevard, causing both those vehicles to go off the road and roll over,” Garcia said.
Police say they don’t have information about the person driving the pickup truck.
Anybody with information is urged to contact Cottonwood Heights police.
Today’s Top Stories
- Teens are binge drinking more than ever
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Latest E. coli outbreak spreads to Utah
- Scientists say vodka from Chernobyl’s exclusion zone is safe to drink
- Evacuations force California man to cancel SLC trip
- Bill would create firearm safety pilot program in Utah schools
- A new conversation: Dave & Dujanovic starts June 4
- Student opens fire in California high school, killing 2
- Giovanni Pangan, Philippines mission president, dies of heart attack
- Utah university president salaries below the national average