MURRAY, Ut — Moderate Utah Democrat Ben McAdams says he will vote to impeach President Donald Trump. McAdams holds a seat in a largely Republican district.
He said Monday that Mr. Trump abused the power of his office by pressuring Ukraine to investigate the former Vice President Joe Biden’s family.
“My duty is to the Constitution and to our country, “McAdams said. “What the president did was wrong. His actions warrant accountability. I cannot turn a blind eye, thereby condoning this president and future presidents, Republican or Democrat, to do the same,” McAdams said.
He also rebuked members of both parties and said he trusted voters to decide Mr. Trump’s ultimate political fate.
The announcement comes ahead of a tough re-election race in a suburban Salt Lake City district that McAdams narrowly flipped last year.
Today’s Top Stories
- Ogden man arrested for attempted murder, kidnapping
- President Trump says he wants background check laws, also reassures NRA
- Millcreek and Salt Lake cities find agreement on new boundaries
- Anti-vaccination signs over freeway deemed a distraction, taken down
- Passenger says they asked boat driver to stop drinking before deadly Lake Powell crash
- Video of accusations at a fast and testimony meeting sparks response
- Colorado reports first confirmed case of COVID-19 variant in the US
- Macey’s BYU Ultimate Fan Box 2020
- Utah lawmakers push for ERA ratification, reviving political battle
- Layton Utah Temple site announced