A Las Vegas rescue group has captured ‘Cluck Norris’ and is searching for the other pigeon in a cowboy hat
(CNN) — One of the pigeons seen wandering around Las Vegas in tiny cowboy hats has been captured, a pigeon rescue group said.
“We captured Cluck Norris today. Still on the stake out for Coolamity Jane,” Lofty Hopes posted on its Facebook page Monday.
The group posted photos of Cluck Norris, in a red hat. Coolamity Jane, in a pink hat, remains on the loose.
The two birds captured residents’ attention last week when they were spotted around town wearing the tiny hats.
Lofty Hopes co-founder Mariah Hillman told CNN last week that it looked like the hats had been glued to the pigeons’ heads.
“It’s definitely a concern,” she said then.
The rescue group put out traps to try to nab the birds and will continue to look for Coolamity Jane.
The birds have become their own social media sensation, with Las Vegas residents looking out for the behatted duo.
Rumor has it a third bird in a brown hat is out there, but Hillman said her group hasn’t been able to confirm it.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Fire-ravaged forests get help from pine cone collectors
- The mystery of the Utah monolith found in the desert
- DWR lets people take unlimited number of fish from Wasatch County fishing hole
- Graduates show Salt Lake City students to stay in school
- Zion National Park and other Utah national parks begin re-opening
- Legal expert says insanity defense not likely for Grantsville teen
- Utah lawmakers approve bill aimed at regulating ‘troubled teen’ centers
- Rare Nike ‘Moon Shoe’ up for auction at Sotheby’s could fetch $160,000
- Chris Evans sending ‘Captain America’ shield to little boy who saved sister from…
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say