(CNN) — An Idaho man and woman are being sought for questioning after the man’s previous wife was found dead and weeks earlier his two stepchildren were reported missing.
Tammy Daybell was found dead in her Fremont County home on October 19, according to a release from the Rexburg Police Department. Authorities initially thought her death was natural, but have since deemed her death suspicious and exhumed her remains on December 11.
Investigators are now looking to question her husband, Chad Daybell, who police say married another woman, Lori Vallow, weeks after the initial death. Police are also looking to question Vallow.
Vallow’s two children — Joshua Vallow, 7, and his sister Tylee Ryan, 17 — have not been seen since September, according to police.
After family reported they had not spoken to Joshua since September, police said they conducted a welfare check on November 26. Vallow and Daybell told authorities their son was with a family friend in Arizona, the statement said, but police later found out the boy, who is adopted and has special needs, was not staying with such a friend and reported him missing.
Police also discovered that Lori Vallow’s 17-year-old daughter had not been seen since September and reported her missing, the statement said.
After determining that Joshua wasn’t with a family friend, police returned the next day to execute a search warrant on the home.
Once they arrived, they determined that Vallow and Daybell “abruptly” left their home and fled the area, police said. The Rexburg police requested FBI assistance in finding Joshua because they said it does not look like the couple took the boy with them.
The #FBI is assisting @RexburgPolice and the Fremont County SO locate Joshua Vallow and Tylee Ryan, last seen Sept 23rd in Rexburg. Call Rexburg PD at (208) 359-3000 or @MissingKids at 1-800-THE-LOST w/info. pic.twitter.com/rl7brWLowx
— FBI Salt Lake City (@FBISaltLakeCity) December 20, 2019
Police are asking anyone with information about the children to call Rexburg police at 208-359-3000 or report it to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.
™ & © 2019 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Police: Couple arrested for marijuana-themed event
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- Update: Police identify man in Echo nightclub shooting
- Barry Pewtress – Spectrum Academy High School
- Salt Lake City School District gears up for the year to start online
- 5 tips to stop touching your face
- Death of Steve Powell removes a lingering hope in Susan Powell case
- Excelsior Academy first-graders moved to online school
- CNN and ‘Sesame Street’ to host a town hall addressing racism
- Find a Way Out! 3 Ways You Can Stay Safe During a Mass Shooting Situation Anywhere You Are