South Salt Lake Police are investigating a serious auto-pedestrian crash involving a man in a wheelchair.
The accident took place early Thursday morning along 300 West and 3200 South when a driver of a pickup truck traveling northbound struck the man.
Lt. Gregg Carlson with South Salt Lake Police says that the driver immediately pulled over and called police and has been cooperating in their ongoing investigation.
The man in the wheelchair was transported to the hospital in critical condition.
Police say the injured man was in the roadway and not on a crosswalk.
Today’s Top Stories
- Thousands of tiger muskies swim into new reservoir home
- Nearly 400 years in the making, ‘Christmas Star’ visible tonight
- Utah limo companies face inspections like buses, trucks
- Parents of Chad Daybell reach out; vigil planned to honor slain children
- Santa, reindeer granted permit to enter US on Christmas Eve
- VIDEO: Sen. Romney confronted by an angry passenger at the airport
- Bail reform becomes legislative spotlight in Utah once again
- Gov. Herbert signs bill restoring police, firefighter pensions
- USU’s “True Aggie Night” tradition up in the air during the pandemic
- Police: Couple arrested for marijuana-themed event