SALT LAKE CITY — Senior missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Elder Craig L. Meyocks, 66, from Dammeron Valley, Utah has passed away after a car crash.
In a statement from church spokesman Daniel Woodruff says his wife, Sister Brenda Meyocks was injured but is expected to recover.
The couple was serving a volunteer mission for the church in the church’s Illinois Nauvoo Mission. They started that mission in March of this year.
Today’s Top Stories
- State parks hope to have new ‘glamping’ campsites available for busy Memorial Day weekend
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- Utah Utes let go of Coach K after 10 seasons
- New dress guidelines announced for male missionaries — in some areas
- Graduates show Salt Lake City students to stay in school
- COVID-19 safety at Arches? Cameras tell the tale.
- Jazz fan gets “coolest injury ever” after Donovan Mitchell flies into third row
- Utah COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations increase over weekend
- Utah Life Coach uses past addiction as motivation to help others
- Tooele School District employees will repay $10K for travel