(CNN) — If you thought Baby Yoda was cute, wait until you meet Joy, the rescue cat with an uncanny resemblance to the green “Star Wars” alien.
With enormous ears, big, round eyes, and little button nose, Joy is the Baby Yoda we all dream of cuddling every night.
The rescue cat was found by a humane society volunteer on December 15 suffering with a large wound on the neck, which vets believe was caused by an animal attack, abuse by an owner or an accident.
Joy is thought to be 1 to 2 years old. Vets at the Cabarrus Animal Hospital treated a number of illnesses, including a respiratory infection and intestinal parasites.
The adoption will be handled by the Humane Society of Rowan County while Joy is being fostered by an animal hospital employee.
“She is doing OK,” Nancy Rominger, a board member at the humane society, told CNN. “She’s still having a few symptoms, but she’s being taken care of by the vets. It’s going to take a while for her to heal.”
Joy tested negative for any other diseases or illnesses and is otherwise a completely healthy feline.
Despite the rough start, the unique fur baby is known for a love of attention.
“She’s very cuddly, she’s very affectionate, and she’s very sweet,” Rominger said. “Her experiences have not made her into an attack cat. She seems to like people and loves being in laps. She’s going to make someone a very nice pet.”
Before Joy can be taken to a “forever home,” the cat faces a long recovery process. Joy will also have to be spayed and get the required vaccinations.
Until then, you can apply for a shot at adopting this Baby Yoda cat as your own.
Today’s Top Stories
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- Burgess Owens in Washington for orientation for Utah’s 4th district
- Bad breath behind that mask? 10 reasons and remedies for your halitosis
- Police announce new arrests in Murray mall shooting
- Officers escort a fallen deputy’s wife across the stage at her graduation
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- NWSL players now have the option to remain in the locker room during the National Anthem
- BYU rallies to beat Tennessee 29-26 in OT
- Chad Daybell faces new charges a day after Lori Vallow appeared in court on same counts
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27