Pac-12 basketball has ratcheted up expectations following a strong nonconference season.
The conference has three ranked teams in No. 6 Oregon, No. 21 Washington and No. 24 Arizona and a string of marquee wins heading into league play.
The rise follows a couple of down seasons.
The Pac-12 went 0 for 3 in the 2018 NCAA Tournament and appeared to be a one-bid league a year ago before the selection committee pushed three through to the bracket of 68.
With loaded teams at the top and depth throughout, the conference is hoping for more March success in 2019-20.
Today’s Top Stories
- Susan Powell can’t be in Nutty Putty Cave, investigators say
- Starbucks has officially abandoned straws for sippy cup lids … well, mostly
- Navajo signs agreement for second phase of buyback program
- Abandoned sacred places around the world
- David Haight – Mountain View High School
- Write-in candidate requests a list mailed to voters, naming write-in candidates
- What are the rules for political third-party ads?
- New York’s death toll nears 1,000 as ventilators and a Central Park field hospital are…
- Athletes at the Tokyo Olympics will not need a vaccine to participate, organizers say
- Lauren McCluskey solved her own stalking case. Here’s how.