WEST WENDOVER, Nevada — A recreational and medical marijuana dispensary opened Monday, December 30th in Northeastern Nevada near the Utah border.
It’s called Deep Roots Harvest, and it opened at 8AM. Some had said they expected a line waiting, but that was not the case.
— Felicia Martinez (@FeliciaKSL) December 30, 2019
Nevada passed recreational marijuana almost three years ago, but some city officials fought against allowing dispensaries in West Wendover. The council voted last year to allow just one license.
The owner told the Elko Daily he believes vapes, pre-rolled cannabis, and edibles will be the store’s biggest sellers.
But if Utahns drive out, they’ll need to remember it is illegal to transport marijuana across state lines. Also, casinos won’t permit it on their gaming floors, and it cannot be consumed in public.
Today’s Top Stories
- Advice from a registered sex offender: teach your kids
- Utah man critically injured in bike crash at Canyonlands National Park
- Best garden gifts for Mother’s Day | KSL Greenhouse
- Teen in critical condition after Taylorsville Shooting
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Copper Hills student arrested for Snapchat threat
- China pushes conspiracy theories on COVID origin, vaccines
- Cops looking for woman after she allegedly uses a taser on 9-year-old boy
- Utah man gets up to life in prison in ex-girlfriend’s death
- Surgeon General on coronavirus: ‘This week is going to get bad’