SALT LAKE CITY– A hiker found a body while hiking Hells Canyon on Sunday.
The hiker called Salt Lake City Police Department around 10 AM to report a possible decaying body they discovered while hiking the trail.
Authorities shut the trail down to investigate. The body was decomposing and authorities couldn’t determine the sex of the body, according to Detective Greg Wilking.
A medical examiner was one site. No further information has been released at this time.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- Police: Couple arrested for marijuana-themed event
- Washington D.C. mayor refutes Lee’s claims about Utah National Guard hotel eviction
- New Gaza rockets disrupt Israel, Islamic Jihad cease-fire
- Gunman shot by police at NYC cathedral Christmas concert
- Barry Pewtress – Spectrum Academy High School
- The alternative presidential candidate: Jo Jorgensen runs for the Libertarian Party
- Sandy City officials mourn police chief
- FBI considers putting some of those who attacked the Capitol on no-fly list
- Death of Steve Powell removes a lingering hope in Susan Powell case