FARMINGTON — Two drivers had to go to the hospital after a crash between a car and a UTA bus in Farmington.
It happened on 200 East just past Glovers Lane.
Police say a witness saw the car weaving in and out of traffic before crossing into the bus’s southbound lane and slamming into it head-on.
“As far as the exact injuries for the driver of the sedan, I do not know. He was in a lot of pain. The driver of the UTA bus was more shaken up than anything,” said Farmington Police Sgt. Brian Cooper.
One passenger on the bus at the time was not injured.
Cooper says they’ll do some tests on the driver of the car as they investigate what happened.
“We are handling the investigation of the accident here. UTA will do their own internal investigation. As part of our investigation, we will try to rule things out,” he said.
That includes looking into drunk or impaired driving, a medical condition, distracted driving, or speeding.
Both the bus and car were damaged; the car nearly folded in half. Tow trucks took both vehicles away from the scene.
On the scene of a UTA bus and car crash 200 East Glovers Lane in Farmington pic.twitter.com/claklZ8AMD
— Mary Richards (@kslmrichards) January 9, 2020
Today’s Top Stories
- Salt Lake City Moving To New Neighborhood Clean Up Program
- Alaska moose poacher fined $100,000, sentenced to jail
- News Masters of the Universe: Apollo Edition
- Bountiful police release video of pawn shop shooting
- BYU and UVU issue statement, advise two-week deadline to improve numbers
- Man crashes vehicle into Layton business
- Wyoming GOP vote to censure Rep. Liz Cheney over impeachment vote
- Trial date set in wrongful death lawsuit for Susan Powell’s sons
- JayMac: Macin Smith update: My brother was allegedly investigated in Macin’s disappearance
- KSL NewsRadio Announces New Show, Programming Lineup