SANDY (AP)- Republican U.S. Sen. Mike Lee of Utah says he still supports President Donald Trump, despite Lee’s criticism of the lack of information given to members of Congress about the reasons for killing an Iranian military leader.
Lee spokes Saturday in Sandy at the annual convention of the Utah Eagle Forum, a far-right group active in state politics.
Lee called Wednesday’s briefing probably the worst he’s seen on a military issue in the nine years he’s served in the Senate.
Lee says Trump is making the U.S. look stronger through the restraint of power, but he still supports a resolution to curb Trump’s ability to expand the conflict with Iran.
Today’s Top Stories
- Changes to the HOV lanes for hybrid vehicles in Utah, starting today
- Disney World’s July 11 reopening: 6 things to watch
- Anti-mask crowd fills Utah County Commission meeting on mask mandate, meeting abruptly called off
- New surveillance video shows the horrific attack on Lady Gaga’s dog walker
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- Man dies while swimming in cold waters at Utah reservoir
- BYU’s football stadium is going to look a bit different this fall
- BYU review of 115 studies shows masks effective in slowing COVID-19
- Utah limo companies face inspections like buses, trucks
- Fans and stars say a remake of Princess Bride is ‘Inconceivable!’