SALT LAKE CITY– Abby Huntsman has announced that she is leaving ABC’s “The View” to become a senior campaign adviser for her father Jon Huntsman’s gubernatorial campaign.
The 33-year-old Huntsman announced Monday that her last day with the daytime television show will be on Friday.
ABC reports that when Jon Huntsman launched his campaign in November 2019 he asked his daughter eventually asking her to help run it. “Over “The View”‘s winter hiatus, she came to the decision with her family to leave the show.”
She announced Monday morning on the show that she will joining Jon Huntsman Jr’s campaign. Abby Huntsman has been on the daytime TV show for about a year and a half.
Her father came back to Utah in the fall, announcing his run for governor again in November.
Abby said the former ambassador and governor asked her months ago to help his campaign, and it didn’t feel like the right time.
“Over the holidays, when you take a step back, and you think about live, you think about your kids, and what you want to do every day that gets you going. And there’s no one I believe in more than my own dad right now,” she said.
She says her number one priority is her family, but that the women on the show will be her friends forever.
“You guys have seen me deliver my twins on this show. Thank you for welcoming me into your homes, and I am so thankful for this opportunity. I am also excited for the next chapter,” she said.
Her last day on the show is Friday, Jan. 17, 2020. Her exit will leave Meghan McCain as the only republican woman on the show.
“You always see the good in everything,” McCain told Huntsman on the show. “You’ve been a friend for ever. I’m heartbroken that you are leaving, but I can understand better than anybody how important it is to go support your dad.”
Huntsman left the door open for TV work after the race.
View this post on Instagram
Today’s Top Stories
- After 25 years, ‘The Far Side’ is back — with an online debut and new comics
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- Police searching for suspect after fatal shooting of Sandy teen
- Call before you dig: Stay safe during your home projects
- The Nightside Project is Back!
- Why the US dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima 74 years ago today
- USU reports COVID-19 virus in wastewater from residence halls
- Costco to require shoppers to wear a face mask
- UDOT: Expect delays I-15 NB in Salt Lake City on Sunday
- The bubonic plague is back again in China’s Inner Mongolia