We can now see what Utahns thought of Republican Senator Mitt Romney during the lead-up to the impeachment proceedings, courtesy of the latest polls.
Morning Consult polled Utahns in the last quarter of 2019. That’s while Romney was talking about President Trump’s dealings with Ukraine.
There was an 8% drop in his approval rating among Republicans in the most recent Mitt Romney polls. It went from 65% in the third quarter to 57% in the last quarter.
But support among Democrats went up from 42 to 46% over the same time for the Utah Republican.
Overall, 48% of Utahns approved of the job Romney is doing. That is higher than for Utah’s other senator, Mike Lee, also a Republican. He had a 46% approval rating.
Morning Consult will do another poll for the first quarter of 2020. It will measure how Utahns feel about what is happening right now. Romney is one of a few GOP senators who want to hear from witnesses in the Senate trial.
Today’s Top Stories
- After 25 years, ‘The Far Side’ is back — with an online debut and new comics
- What Are You Getting Your Neighbors and Friends for the Holidays? Mason Jar Gifts Might Just…
- Costco to require shoppers to wear a face mask
- The bubonic plague is back again in China’s Inner Mongolia
- Why the US dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima 74 years ago today
- Police searching for suspect after fatal shooting of Sandy teen
- UDOT: Expect delays I-15 NB in Salt Lake City on Sunday
- Call before you dig: Stay safe during your home projects
- Shift in policy will allow ATVs and UTVs in National Parks
- The Nightside Project is Back!