GRANSVILLE, UT — Police were on the scene of a homicide investigation Friday night near the area of Main Street and 700 East, involving five people who have been shot, four are deceased. A lone survivor was transported to Mountain West Medical Center in Tooele.
Police have one person in custody, but the identity of that person is still unknown as of late Friday night. Grantsville Mayor Brent Marshall, who came to the scene to speak with responders late Friday night, confirmed the victims, which include children, and the shooter are all related.
Governor Gary Herbert responded, saying the state of Utah was mourning the deaths, and that the state crime lab and the Department of Public Safety were assisting in the investigation.
See similar articles:
Today’s Top Stories
- How does Utah’s vaccination goal compare to Biden’s?
- Winter storm approaches Utah
- Portland protesters cause mayhem again, police officer hurt
- McDonald’s launches first new Chicken McNuggets flavor in nearly 40 years
- Electric scooter catches fire in U of U building, relocates classes
- Motivated workers kept airport terminal project relatively virus free
- Taco Tuesday coincides with Cinco de Mayo
- Getting the Call to Serve: 7 Easy and Fulfilling Ways to Get Your Future Missionary Prepared…
- BYU football preparing its offense for Northern Illinois
- Breanne Stump – Fox Hollow Elementary School