FARMINGTON, Utah– A teen snowmobiler died after an avalanche was triggered in Farmington, Utah.
Chase Adams, 18, was snowmobiling with his father, Ben Adams, in Farmington Canyon on Saturday when the avalanche occurred.
The avalanche immediately buried Chase and his snowmobile, according to a statement by the Davis County Shariff’s Office.
Chase Adams was wearing a beacon and an inflatable backpack, however, the airbag inside did not deploy. Responders were able to locate and transport Adams in less than 70 minutes from the initial call, said Davis County Sheriffs.
Ben Adams released a statement about his son and the avalanche on Sunday evening.
“We spent the day at a location that is dear to me and my boys. We had a wonderful day doing what we love to do. When the snow slid, I was shocked, but I had a feeling everything was going to be okay. I prayed, I called his mom, I called 911, and she called 911. Thank you to everyone who rides in Farmington Canyon—it is a beautiful community and family. I am an extremely strong man and in the moment of physical need to save my son my strength availed nothing,” said Adams.
Chase’s father thanked Davis County Sheriff’s Office Search and Rescue, University of Utah AirMed, Utah Department of Public Safety Air Lift and the University of Utah Trauma Team.
He ended his statement by advising everyone to be safe.
Today’s Top Stories
- State parks hope to have new ‘glamping’ campsites available for busy Memorial Day weekend
- Second Amendment rally at state capitol to push back against new gun laws
- Salmonella outbreak killing Utah songbirds, what you can do
- Lawmakers promote bill prohibiting online impersonation
- Now’s your chance to pick up US postage stamps honoring military dogs
- Police identify officer shot in Ogden Thursday
- COVID-19 vaccine eligible to all Utah veterans, spouse, as soon as tomorrow
- US Capitol on lockdown as protesters storm the building
- If you build it … White Sox and Yankees to play at ‘Field of Dreams’ movie…
- Full transcript of Lori Daybell secret phone call recording