MURRAY — Police are still investigating a break-in at a Murray car dealership Thursday, stealing five cars from the lot. Mark Bass, owner of M3 Auto, said his family will be forced to close the used car dealership.
“We have to close,” Bass said. “Just because we don’t have keys, we don’t have titles, we don’t have any way to operate or sell vehicles.”
The dealership reported the break-in after discovering a vehicle crashed through the shop’s garage, with the suspects stealing five vehicles, computers and other valuable items. They also stole the keys and titles for every car on the lot.
Bass said he predicts the shop could be closed for months until they can reopen, which would be a huge blow to his family.
“We’re working to make sure that we’re doing everything to secure the lot,” he said. “To make it safer, so that this doesn’t happen again.”
The vehicles stolen were a red 2015 Chevrolet Silverado. a purple 2005 Chrysler PT cruiser, a black 2011 Audi A6, a silver 2012 Ford Focus and a silver 2003 Acura MDX.
In a Facebook post, Bass said none of the vehicles had a license plate — so they may have a stolen permit in the back window.
Bass said in a comment on KSL News Radio’s Facebook post that he put the message of the car dealership break-in out there so car customers don’t get scammed.
“I don’t want someone to make the mistake of buying them, and finding out when they go to the DMV on Tuesday that they are out thousands of dollars on a stolen car,” he wrote. “I’m sure the police will check all angles, and hopefully they find the people responsible and it happens before they hurt anyone else.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Grandson arrested on suspicion of murder in SLC house fire
- 2 men charged in ’02 killing of Run-DMC star Jam Master Jay
- Champion bodybuilder turns himself in on Utah rape charges
- Golden Spoke Event
- Coronavirus enters Salt Lake County jails
- Utah clears backlog in rape kit testing, following through with 2017 law
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- Inside Sources: Studying trust (and distrust) in America
- Utah Jazz to celebrate 40th season in the state
- Should we lower the voting age to 16? Nancy Pelosi says: “Yes.”