WEST JORDAN – An early morning stabbing takes the life of a West Jordan man outside his home. Police were able to track down a suspect after hours of searching.
The call to 911 dispatchers didn’t actually come from the place where the attack happened. Investigators say they were notified by employees at Jordan Valley Medical Center.
Sergeant JC Holt says, “The emergency personnel called and reported they had a male that had come into the emergency room.”
At first, medical workers weren’t sure if the victim had been shot or stabbed, but Holt says they were eventually able to determine the man had a significant knife injury. The victim, Adam Cross, 27, later died from those wounds. While they were at the hospital, officers learned the attack happened on 3285 West south of 9000 South.
“We believe there was an altercation between two individuals out in front of the home,” Holt says, although, they haven’t determined what the initial fight was about.
Police say the suspect, Spencer Greenway, 27, was taken into custody in the afternoon and was being interviewed by detective.
“The neighborhood, I think, is certainly in shock of what’s happening here. It’s alarming,” Holt says. “This isn’t something we’ve had a problem with in this neighborhood.”
Today’s Top Stories
- 47-year-old mother of four graduates top of her class at UVU College of Science
- 2 Utah families bonded after organ donation saved man’s life
- How does lake effect snow work? A primer
- Benjamin Keough, grandson of Elvis Presley, dies at 27
- Valentine’s is Long Since Over: Here are 5 Year Round Ways You Can Continue to Share…
- BYU rallies to beat Tennessee 29-26 in OT
- Bad breath behind that mask? 10 reasons and remedies for your halitosis
- Fake news: what it is, and how it can influence politics
- Church leaders break ground for the Auckland New Zealand Temple
- NWSL players now have the option to remain in the locker room during the National Anthem