A new poll among likely Republican primary voters shows a virtual tie between Lt. Governor Spencer Cox and former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman Jr.
Both men want to be the next governor of Utah.
The Dan Jones and Associates poll, obtained by Utah Policy, has Huntsman with 32% support and Cox with 28%. The margin of error is +/- 4 percent.
Greg Hughes, Jeff Burningham, Thomas Wright and Aimee Winder Newton each had single digit support.
Cox led Huntsman by 11 points in a November Utah Policy Y2 Analytics Poll. That poll surveyed registered Utah Republicans, which is a different group than likely primary voters.
In this new survey, Cox and Huntsman had high favorability ratings. But most surveyed either had not heard of or had no opinion about the other candidates.
Today’s Top Stories
- ‘I just wanted to be better’: Utah woman details experience with heroin addiction
- How someone’s pet goldfish destroyed an entire ecosystem at Maple Lake
- Mom has warning for others after getting scary phone call
- What to do if you encounter a dangerous animal in the wild
- The original Gerber Baby just turned 93
- What happened? Anatomy of a violent NASCAR crash
- After deadly ambush, Sen. Mike Lee talks striking back at Mexican drug cartels
- Hostage situation in Tooele ends with fatal officer-involved shooting
- Growing up poor changes DNA, scientists find
- Home prices increase in Salt Lake City during the pandemic