SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake area traffic ground to a halt after all lanes of Interstate 15 in Salt Lake County were closed due to a rolled vehicle.
The Utah Department of Transportation reported a crash shortly after 7:30 am approaching 7200 S in Midvale and estimated that the shutdown would last until about 10 a.m.
Rollover crash I-15 SB approaching 7200 South in Midvale. ALL lanes CLOSED backing traffic to 4500 South in Murray and on the I-215 Freeway. pic.twitter.com/sIVEGAx8CM
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) January 23, 2020
Utah Highway Patrol troopers said those involved only suffered minor injuries.
We are on scene of a minor injury crash on SB I-15 at 6800 South in Midvale. We’ve had a secondary injury crash on SB I-15 at 4500 S. EB and WB I-215 are affected as is SB I-15. Expect delays in the area as one of the vehicles involved is an overturned box truck.
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) January 23, 2020
In the backups of the first crash, there was another crash approaching the 4500 S exit that extended the backups into downtown.
Today’s Top Stories
- How does Utah’s vaccination goal compare to Biden’s?
- Winter storm approaches Utah
- Portland protesters cause mayhem again, police officer hurt
- McDonald’s launches first new Chicken McNuggets flavor in nearly 40 years
- A zoning change means another option for the homeless in SLC
- Ogden joins cities observing COVID memorial March 1
- Motivated workers kept airport terminal project relatively virus free
- Electric scooter catches fire in U of U building, relocates classes
- Taco Tuesday coincides with Cinco de Mayo
- Skyline High School dismisses in-person class for two weeks following COVID-19 outbreak