SALT LAKE CITY — Salt Lake area traffic ground to a halt after all lanes of Interstate 15 in Salt Lake County were closed due to a rolled vehicle.
The Utah Department of Transportation reported a crash shortly after 7:30 am approaching 7200 S in Midvale and estimated that the shutdown would last until about 10 a.m.
Rollover crash I-15 SB approaching 7200 South in Midvale. ALL lanes CLOSED backing traffic to 4500 South in Murray and on the I-215 Freeway. pic.twitter.com/sIVEGAx8CM
— Heather Kelly (@KSLHeatherKelly) January 23, 2020
Utah Highway Patrol troopers said those involved only suffered minor injuries.
We are on scene of a minor injury crash on SB I-15 at 6800 South in Midvale. We’ve had a secondary injury crash on SB I-15 at 4500 S. EB and WB I-215 are affected as is SB I-15. Expect delays in the area as one of the vehicles involved is an overturned box truck.
— Utah Highway Patrol (@UTHighwayPatrol) January 23, 2020
In the backups of the first crash, there was another crash approaching the 4500 S exit that extended the backups into downtown.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Governor releases “Healthy Together” app to track spread of COVID-19
- World’s oldest movie theater is in Kansas
- Governor Herbert weighs in on Trump tweet debate
- Washington County Search and Rescue report 5 incidents Sunday, including 1 death
- What is coronavirus and Covid-19? An explainer
- Thomas Saunders – Rocky Mountain Junior High
- Ex-Eagle Scout accused in online drug empire to stand trial
- Meline Hansen – Midas Creek Elementary
- 3 sexual assaults in 1 night reported at Utah State University
- Bridal Veil Falls hiker identified as man from Roosevelt, Utah