SALT LAKE CITY – Salt Lake City firefighters say a man was fatally electrocuted while working near power lines on Thursday morning.
Fire Captain Anthony Burton says the man was standing on an elevated platform parked on 200 East near Burton Avenue when the accident happened around 11:30 Thursday morning .
“They hit the [power] lines in between, and that’s when the incident occurred,” Burton said.
The identity of the victim has not been released, and investigators are trying to figure out how the accident happened.
“It doesn’t appear at this time it was a power company employee. But, unfortunately, as they were doing whatever work at heights, their elevated platform impacted some power lines,” Burton said.
The wet weather does not appear to be a factor in the accident.
The area surrounding the accident site was without power for approximately one hour.
Today’s Top Stories
- When Democrats switch sides for the GOP primary, is it sabotage?
- KSL 5 is back on DirecTV
- Utah Poison Control Center says they need a funding bump to continue
- Why the US dropped an atomic bomb on Hiroshima 74 years ago today
- Sir Paul McCartney makes his own guitar picks by crushing pennies under trains
- Jury trial dates set for Lori Vallow in death, disappearance of Idaho children
- Bear euthanized after scratching a tent and a boy on a scouting trip
- Jared Nicol, Hildale council member, jailed on suspicion of stalking
- Mat and Savanna Shaw, a viral daddy-daughter singing duo sharing hope through music
- Candidate Conversation: Jenny Wilson for Senate