SUU Commencement Speaker: Condoleezza Rice
SALT LAKE CITY –President of Southern Utah University Scott Wyatt announced that former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will be the college’s commencement speaker this spring.
Wyatt made the announcement on KSL Newsradio.
During a discussion on the Dave & Dujanovic show about the college’s innovative approach to consolidating traditional 4-year degrees down to 3-years, Wyatt announced that Rice had accepted an invitation to speak at the school’s graduation ceremony April 24.
Wyatt said the school worked with former Utah Governor Mike Leavitt, who served as U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services under President George W. Bush, to extend the invitation.
He added Leavitt and Rice have stayed friends over the years and that Leavitt was born in Cedar City, which is home to SUU.
Today’s Top Stories
- Apartment fire displaces dozens in Richfield, community jumps in to help
- FBI gauges threats against educators and school board members
- Brain Body Boost (B3)
- Hatch, Lee react to GOP healthcare postponed vote
- “Freak accident” claims two moose calves near Mountain Dell Golf Course
- The West fears Russia is about to attack Ukraine. But that’s not the way Russians are…
- This Israeli mom is all of us during the COVID-19 outbreak
- BYU using genealogy to reconnect MIA soldiers with families
- Amazon to add 1,500 full/part time jobs in Utah
- Motorcyclist killed in St. George accident