SALT LAKE CITY –President of Southern Utah University Scott Wyatt announced that former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice will be the college’s commencement speaker this spring.
Wyatt made the announcement on KSL Newsradio.
During a discussion on the Dave & Dujanovic show about the college’s innovative approach to consolidating traditional 4-year degrees down to 3-years, Wyatt announced that Rice had accepted an invitation to speak at the school’s graduation ceremony April 24.
Wyatt said the school worked with former Utah Governor Mike Leavitt, who served as U.S. Secretary of Health and Human Services under President George W. Bush, to extend the invitation.
He added Leavitt and Rice have stayed friends over the years and that Leavitt was born in Cedar City, which is home to SUU.
Today’s Top Stories
- Greg Robinson “Mr. Rob” – Rose Springs Elementary School
- Sergeant Dusty Butler, Emery County Sheriff’s Office
- Elder Robert D. Hales remembered as man of courage, tenacity, devotion
- Families remember teens who died on Utah roads in 2018
- Australian woman arrested for inciting anti-lockdown protests
- Orem among the top 25 best cities to Trick or Treat in America
- Masks still required in Salt Lake City buildings until further notice
- Large boa constrictor missing, found in Nephi
- Record breaking rain won’t break the Utah drought, but it’s helping
- ‘La Llorona’ movie promotion with Mexican healers draws fire