(TAYLORSVILLE, UT) — A parole fugitive is under arrest Wednesday night after a SWAT stand-off at a home near 3500 West Valley Heights Drive. Police say 34-year-old Shane Lockhart was located in a stolen vehicle. Officers followed in pursuit of Lockhart. A short time later, the suspect fled into an abandoned home.
The Unified Police Department says SWAT officers were trying to get him to negotiate. Eventually Lockhart was taken into custody without incident. According to police, the area was on lock down for a time Wednesday night as an investigation continued.
Officers say Lockhart is a parole fugitive that fled from gang detectives. No one was injured. Photo courtesy of Salt Lake County Jail.
Today’s Top Stories
- Storm clean up efforts from wind damage is bringing communities together
- Evacuations force California man to cancel SLC trip
- Boris Johnson promises UK will provide Hong Kongers path to citizenship after national…
- Knolls Fire Update: Evacuation order lifted but still possible, only 25% contained
- Tulsi Gabbard files lawsuit against Hillary Clinton for defamation
- Utah a good home for autonomous drone development, military one reason
- NFL wades back into controversy with new Super Bowl police shooting ad
- Utah agriculture and food: cook any seeds you receive from China
- F-35 Demonstration Team to hold behind-the-scenes performance Friday
- Utah County approves measure blocking future development on Bridal Veil Falls